Thursday, February 18, 2010

What kind of house plant could I get that could grow in a clear vase with only water and a fish too ..no dirt?

I would like to grow a type of plant that ';lives above the water'; but its roots hang in the water and a fish (betta perhaps?) could live with it. I'd like to use this idea for my wedding centrepieces...with a mirror underneath and candles all around. a little gravel and shells in the bottom too for decorationWhat kind of house plant could I get that could grow in a clear vase with only water and a fish too ..no dirt?
Peace Lily and a Betta fish.


The Betta is the only fish you can keep in a bowl without filtration and the Peace lily is safe for the Betta. Remember, the Betta would still need food because they do not eat the peace lily roots. You will also have to keep the roots trimmed and the bowl clean.


Info on the Betta bowl:


http://www.aquariumfish.net/information/鈥?/a>What kind of house plant could I get that could grow in a clear vase with only water and a fish too ..no dirt?
Some forms of bamboo grow happily in water
Peace Lily
Currently I have a pathos, an avocado and an aloe plant all growing in just water...I'm sure you can add a fish to the mix!
a potho ivy. all of my in laws have one growing with those fighting fish that are real pretty. i think they're called beta fish.
I have seen a peace Lily just as you described.


It was very cleverly set up and attractive.


I have included a list of other plants that grow well in water.

No comments:

Post a Comment